Most Republicans agree that the number of coronavirus deaths in the U.S. — now over 176,000, (Johns Hopkins University) is “acceptable,” based on poll results released Sunday.
Sunday’s CBS News-YouGov poll revealed that 57 percent of Republican respondents felt that the death toll for COVID-19 in the U.S. was “acceptable,” while the other 43 percent indicated they felt it was unacceptable. Republicans were the only partisan group of which a majority of voters said the number of deaths was acceptable.
In contrast, just 10 percent of Democrats polled felt said that the U.S. death toll was acceptable, and the remaining 90 percent said it was unacceptable. Among the independents, 33 percent said the death toll as acceptable, with 67 percent calling it unacceptable.
Republican’s poll results also differed from the majority of other voters on whether the U.S.’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic was effective, with 73 percent on side with that, while just 38 percent of all voters indicated that it was going well.
Most voters – 62 percent – felt that the pandemic handling was going badly.
CBS’ News-YouGov polled 2,226 U.S. registered voters between Aug. 19 and 21. To date, the COVID-19 death toll in the U.S. has reached 176,579 fatalities, representing nearly 22 percent reported deaths worldwide.
A rabid advocate of free markets, I have bought, sold & developed digital and properties since 1995, helping investors, entrepreneurs, institutions, and funds avoid maximize profits in M&A, while avoiding capital losses resulting from digital investments based on faulty or misleading data.
Having built ProfitMart, the most prolific and successful joint venture and affiliate marketing site of its time, Ron brings significant experience to digital business sustainability, growth, and verticality through untapped revenue channels.
Dad, entrepreneur, mastermind founder, growth consultant, quoted in many business texts including Business SOS, The Wealth Generators, Entrepreneur Magazine, interviewed by Aweber, Entrepreneur, Huffington Post, Success Magazine and Impact 100 Award recipient.
A decorated military veteran of 22 years, Ron received awards for innovation from the Canadian Federal Government and Chief of Defence.
Father of 3, abysmal golfer, a decent guitarist, an avid motorcyclist, and Taekwon-Do Heavyweight National Silver Medalist.